Friday, February 18, 2011

It Won't Be Like This For Long

This morning as I was rushing Maddie through her morning bottle I flipped on CMT.  The song "It Wont Be Like This For Long" was playing.  I listened to the words and prayed for the world to slow down just a bit.  I started to think about rushing Maddie.  I have gotten into the habit of rushing her though her feedings, her rockings, and her life!  I looked at her sweet face and almost cried.  I love the stage she is at - even if it means fussiness and tough bedtime routines.  I cannot believe that she will be 4 months old this weekend.  Where has time gone?  I want to slow down.  I want to enjoy every second with her and quit rushing the sweet times.  At night I just want her to go to sleep - I do not enjoy that she wants me to hold her for thirty minutes before she sleeps - WHY DON'T I APPRECIATE THAT?!  I now realize that she will not want that forever.  I need to appreciate that she is not rolling her eyes at me at any sign of affection - or turning her back when I try to talk to her.  She smiles at the sound of my voice and loves being in my arms.  From now on I am going to treasure those moments.  I cannot believe how quickly my baby is growing - these moments are passing ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment